CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »
Welcome!
Make yourself your favorite coffee or tea, pull up a chair and spend some time with me. While you're here don't forget to subscribe by email and join this site to receive first alerts on my free printables and helpful posts. Check out my offering of freebies and tips/hints. I'm glad you're here and you're always welcome!

~Mary~

Monday, April 23, 2012

Field Trip Day!

Last Thursday the kids and my husband and I thought it was time for a little getaway.  My husband took a vacation day and the five of us took off for Mystic Aquarium in Mystic, Connecticut.  Since we pretty much school year round' with a little break of about 3 weeks in between "years", we just decided when we need a little break.  We headed off to Mystic and had a fabulous time!  This was the first time the kids had been there, and they were really looking forward to it.





On the drive there!


Five minutes after we left...

As soon as we arrived at Mystic Aquarium we were ushered in for a photo promotion.  Since I'm always behind the camera, and rarely in front of it I thought the picture would be nice.
The first thing we did was visit the stingray pool!

  Then we decided to go see the beluga whales
 Then we went to see a short 4d movie starring Spongebob Squarepants.  It proved too much for my daughter whose daddy had to remove her from the show.
 They have a new Titanic exhibit which was just fantastic!  This is about the size of the iceberg sticking out of the water that hit the ship.  Just the tip!
Next came the fish!  Lots of fish!
I love that look of pure wonder!  Wish I could still experience life that way...
  Back to the fish...
Oh wait!  They're not fish.  But this picture was cute..
Baby Snapdragon followed "Nemo" all the way along his path.
 Next we went to pet some sharks.  Except Baby Snapdragon of course.  She said, "Maybe next year!"...
 Mama and her ducklings..
 Daddy checking the map.  He's the family navigator.
 Then we moved on to the BIG fish!




This fish looked so mean and scary.  It didn't move an inch for like ten minutes.  It just kept staring at everyone!
 Then we moved on to the starfish, frogs, lobsters, and weird fish.
 We watched a seal and sea lion show and did many other things.  Too many to list.  We ended the day at Mystic Pizza, and let me tell you.  It really IS a slice of heaven!
 We had a great time!  We hope that if you ever get down to Connecticut, you can visit Mystic Aquarium too!

God Bless,

 

0 Interesting thoughts:

Post a Comment

If you're taking the time to read what I have to share, then I'd love to read what YOU have to share. Please leave me a interesting thought to ponder. Have a blessed day!